COVID- 19: New measures by Government here

first_img Facebook Paschal Donohoe says Coronavirus will see an economic crisis like no other where otherwise healthy and viable businesses have been struck downPaschal Donohoe says the € 410 income supplement will be tax free and the criteria will be a “minimum 25% decline in turnover or inability to pay employees” that’s set down in guidelinesTaoiseach confirms the COVID illness benefit will now also apply to family members who have to self isolate because someone in their home gets CoronavirusLeo Varadkar says this is not a lockdown – he does not want to use that termEmergency bill on Thursday will allow former members of the Defence Forces to be re-recruited at the rank they left atPrivate hospitals will work as public hospitals which should add 2,000 beds. They agreed to do that free of chargeCompanies can benefit from 70% back from the government if they keep people employed and pay the other 30%This will be capped at 38,000 salary a year or € 410 a week from the governmentCOVID emergency payment is to be increased to € 350 a week. As will illness benefit with the chance for companies to top that up furtherAll sporting events even behind closed doors cancelledNo travel within or outside Ireland should happen unless it’s absolutely necessary.All planned cruise ship travel to Ireland will ceaseVaradkar says construction sites and factories do not have to be shut but physical distancing can be employedAll theatres, clubs, hairdressers etc to shut”I’m asking you to stay at home if at all possible” says the Taoiseach.You should only leave home to go to work if your work is essential and can’t be done remotelyAsking only to have groups of 4 people RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Pinterest WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 COVID- 19: New measures by Government here Google+ Facebook Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Google+center_img Previous articlePeople urged to stay at home as part of new measuresNext articleFAI extends cessation of football under its jurisdiction News Highland Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Homepage BannerNews By News Highland – March 24, 2020 Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Twitter Twitter WhatsApp Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programmelast_img read more