Coronavirus: Urgent call to oxygen sensor manufacturers

first_imgSource: Analox The NHS currently only has 8,000 ventilators and Analox has issued an urgent call to any oxygen sensor manufacturers who may be able to help supply these critical components.“If you are a manufacturer or distributor of 0-100% electrochemical oxygen sensors and think you could help supply these critical components please contact us very urgently,” the company said.“Analox are working with a number of partners with a view of supporting this requirement in any way possible.”“This is not a competition, but a race to get equipment into hospitals before it is too late.”last_img

Canada to get Norwegian LNG cargo

first_imgLNG World News Staff The Canaport LNG terminal (Image: Canaport LNG)Statoil’s Hammerfest LNG export facility in Norway has dispatched a cargo to Canada last week, according to shipping data.The Statoil-chartered Arctic Voyager is heading for the Canaport LNG terminal located in Saint John, New Brunswick.It is expected that the 140,000-cbm LNG tanker will arrive at its destination around January 17, according to data by the Port of Saint John.Canaport LNG is a partnership between Repsol (75%) and Irving Oil (25%) with Canaport LNG as the developer, owner and operator of the LNG facility. The terminal is capable of sending 1.2 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.last_img

Seaports of Niedersachsen shows off its offshore capabilities

first_imgSeaports of Niedersachsen says several of the Lower Saxony ports it markets are equipped for the production, assembly and handling of offshore wind turbines and are already supporting the construction of offshore wind farms in the North Sea.Several representatives from ports within the group will be present at EWEA offshore, which takes place from November 29 to December 1.Earlier this year, the Seaports of Niedersachsen launched a website – www.seaports-offshore.de – to demonstrate the competencies of its ports in the offshore sector.last_img

Terex on the double in Kuwait

first_imgA number of bridges have been built in Kuwait recently to reduce congestion caused by rising emigration.The AC 500-2 crane, which came equipped with a 56m boom, and a 50 m boom AC 1000 crane, were driven from Integrated Logistics Company’s yard in Kuwait to the project site with the main booms already installed.Firstly, carrying half the beam load, the AC 1000 crane was rigged with 228 tonnes of counterweight and a 250-tonne hook block. A 25.8 m long main boom length working at a 9 m radius was used to pick up the 4 m high x 2m wide beam.For installation, the crane lifted the beam to an 8 m height at a 17 m radius. “Even with the weight of the beam at this radius, the AC 1000 crane was at less than 73 percent of safe working load (SWL),” states Christian Kassner, senior manager of sales & customer support for Terex Cranes.The 500-tonne capacity AC 500-2 crane began lifting with 24 m of main boom at a 7.5 m working radius. Equipped with 160 tonnes of counterweight, the crane easily hoisted the beam into position at a 12.5 m radius, said Terex.Once the Integrated Logistics Company crews had successfully installed the 200-tonne bridge girder beam, work was begun to de-rig both of the all terrain cranes. Within a week of leaving the yard, both cranes were back at Integrated Logistics Company’s facility and ready for the next project.  www.terex.comwww.integrated-me.comlast_img read more

Longview seeks Bridgeview proposals

first_imgIt says that as the first port on the deep-draft shipping channel with direct transportation connections to international markets, this is significant opportunity to establish new cargo operations on the Columbia River.Bridgeview Terminal, which is comprised of two cargo docks and upland areas, recently became available when a long-term lease with its former bulk cargo operator/tenant expired earlier this year. While the port is primarily interested in responses to import or export bulk cargoes, it will consider opportunities for other marine-dependent uses.”Opportunities to establish new terminal operations or terminal redevelopment are minimal on the West Coast,” said business development manager Laurie Nelson-Cooley. “Our intent is to maximise this terminal based on cargo throughput, job creation and return on investment to our customers and community partners.”Issuing the Request for Proposal is the second step in the redevelopment of Bridgeview Terminal. In June of this year, the port issued a Request for Expression of Interest to determine interest in the property, which yielded a high response.The Request for Proposal document and related documents can be found on the Port’s website http://www.portoflongview.com/DoingBusiness.aspxlast_img read more

EGL cements its reputation in Beni Suef

first_imgThe cargoes, the heaviest of which measured 78 tons (70.7 tonnes), were transported from Al Adabiya Port in Suez to the factory site in Beni Suef using ten axle lines of modular trailers. The 280 km route through narrow roads required careful planning and precision to allow the cargoes, which measured up to 6.9 m x 6.9 m x 3.4 m, to be safely delivered to the project site.  www.eglegypt.comlast_img

SNCF unveils Ouigo low-cost TGV service

first_imgFRANCE: SNCF President Guillaume Pepy and Director of the long-distance passenger business Barbara Dalibard unveiled details of the national operator’s ‘Ouigo’ branded low-cost TGV service on February 19. From April 2 Ouigo services will run from Marne-la-Vallée Chessy station on the eastern outskirts of Paris to Marseille and Montpellier. There will be three return services a day and four on Sundays. Tickets can only be booked on line, with fares for the single class priced according to demand and ranging from €10 to €85. Children accompanied by an adult pay a flat fare of €5 and SNCF says that 25% of the seats will be sold at less than €25. Four double-deck TGV Duplex sets have been refurbished at SNCF’s Bischheim workshops to operate Ouigo services, operating in pairs to offer a total of 1 268 seats or 20% more than a standard formation. No catering facilities are provided and the bar area has been replaced with additional luggage space. Each Ouigo passenger is entitled to take one piece of baggage free of charge, up to two extra items being charged at €5 or €10 each. To enable tickets to be checked before boarding, passengers are required to arrive at the station at least 30 min before departure. SNCF says at least four on-train personnel will be present during the journey. ‘The challenge that we have wanted to meet is to reduce our operating costs by 30%’, said Dalibard. According to Pepy, ‘with unbeatable value for money and more choice for everyone, SNCF has created the model for hyper-accessible high-speed travel’.last_img read more

Uganda targets trucking industry in stepped up fight against COVID-19

first_imgUganda to issue post COVID-19 quarantine certificates Uganda registers 5 new cases of COVID-19 Uganda bans outdoors exercises over COVID-19 outbreakcenter_img Two cross-border cargo truck drivers in Uganda have tested positive for COVID-19, as the country shifts its attention to avoiding more imported cases.Trucks at the Malaba border point. Photo/FILEA Ugandan and a Kenyan tested positive following the collection of 372 samples from truck drivers at each of the country’s border entry points, the Ministry of Health said in a statement on Tuesday.The two drivers were tested at Malaba, a market town situated in Tororo District in Eastern Uganda and a busy crossing point between Uganda and Kenya.According to the ministry, arrangements are being made to repatriate the Kenyan driver for treatment.Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni said in a televised national address earlier on Tuesday that although the country has made progress in containing the disease, cross-border truck drivers pose a risk of potential increased cases in the country.Museveni advised that cargo truck crews should park and sleep in designated areas, as well as get tested.Uganda continues to allow the passage of cross-border cargo trucks, trains and air cargo despite the closure of all border entry points.The country has taken a series of measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, including a 35-day lockdown scheduled until May 5.Since the index case on March 21, the country has recorded 55 confirmed cases, of which eight patients have recovered after treatment. EnditemRelatedlast_img read more

More than 100 people dead after flooding and landslides in Kenya

first_imgDozens feared dead after landslides hit Kenya’s West Pokot County At least two people dead in Kenya’s North East Residents carry their belongings inside flood water as they evacuate from their home after River Nzoia burst its banks and due to the backflow from Lake Victoria, in Nyadorera, Siaya County, Kenya May 2, 2020. REUTERS/Thomas Mukoya A trader, after securing the main entrance, walks from her premises after the River Nzoia burst its banks due to a backflow from Lake Victoria, in Nyadorera, Siaya County, Kenya May 2, 2020. REUTERS/Thomas Mukoya TPXMore than 1,800 families in western Kenya have been rendered homeless after the River Nzoia burst its banks, says the Kenya Red Cross.There have also been landslides leaving many homes submerged in the Buyuku village of Budalangi.“It’s been flooding for three days now,” said Vincent Ochieng, one of the residents affected by the floods. “I think the government is not even aware, but now we are telling them. We are asking them if there are any plans to assist us, only two boats are here for evacuating people.”On April 30, Eugene Wamalwa, Kenya’s Devolution Cabinet Secretary, told Citizen TV Kenya that 116 people had died in the country due to the flooding across 29 counties.Heavy rainfall in recent days has led to flooding and landslides across the region.The Kenya Red Cross has appealed to the Kisumu County government to free-up rescue centres, due to concerns that COVID-19 could spread due to overcrowding.Relatedcenter_img 100,000 people impacted by heavy rains in Kenyalast_img read more

WCMF 2015 cancelled

first_img Share 348 Views   2 comments Tweet EntertainmentLocalNews WCMF 2015 cancelled by: Dominica Vibes News – September 11, 2015 Sharing is caring!center_img Share Share Tourism and Urban Renewal Minister, Senator Robert TongeThe Ministry of Tourism and Urban Renewal has announced that this year’s World Creole Music Festival (WCMF), the 19th edition has been cancelled.Minister, Senator Robert Tonge made the announcements moments ago during a press briefing.Minister Tonge said a relief concert, in which several artistes have agreed to perform at no charge to the government, is being organized.last_img