An investigation is underway into the theft of mail in three mountain counties. Crystal Mehaffey of Canton is wanted in Haywood, Buncombe and Jackson Counties.The Highlands Police Department has several warrants for her arrest. She was last seen in Highlands one week ago. She has been spotted in Clayton, Georgia since then.The charges are for 2 counts of felony forgery of endorsement (checks) , felony possession of stolen goods (checks) and otherfelony to include federal charges are pending. She drives a Red Honda van, with an NC tag ACY-8139.If located, please call 911 and try to remain on the line with dispatchers until authorities can possibly make it to your location or get a direction of travel.
Share This!Are you a fan of Alice in Wonderland or looking for a unique way to celebrate a birthday, or even an unbirthday? The new A Very Merry Unbirthday Tea Party will be a great way to do so!Beginning May 31 at the Disneyland Hotel’s Steakhouse 55 and taking place on select days throughout the summer, Guests will be able to enjoy fresh salad, assorted scones, sandwiches, desserts, and hand-selected teas inspired by some of the film’s most popular characters.Guests will be able to choose from one of three tea party options:Classic Tea PartyTraditional SconesTea SandwichesDessertsTeas and Herbal Infusions$52 per adult – plus tax and gratuitiesPremium Tea PartySparkling WineTraditional SconesSaladTea SandwichesDessertsFarewell TruffleTeas and Herbal Infusions$65 per adult – plus tax and gratuitiesKids Tea PartyTraditional SconesTea SandwichesDessertsHerbal Infusions, Juices, Milk or Hot Chocolate$39 per child (ages 3 and up) – plus tax and gratuitiesAperitifs, wines by the glass, ports and cordials are also available for an additional charge.The A Very Merry Unbirthday Tea Party will take place Fridays through Sundays from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling (714) 781-DINE
A mother and child in Niamey, Niger, takerefuge under a newly installed long-lastinginsecticidal net.(Image: Benoist Carpentier, WHO)MEDIA CONTACTS • Samantha BoltonCommunication officer, WHO, Geneva+41 22 791 5524 or +41 79 239 23 66Source: Irin NewsOver the past decade, malaria control programmes in Africa have resulted in a significant 200 000 fewer deaths per year, down from 985 000 in 2000 to 781 000 in 2009, states the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) World Malaria Report 2010, released on 14 December 2010.“We are saving 204 000 lives per year right now over the baseline in 2000. If we can achieve and sustain universal coverage in all countries, then the number of lives saved will be enormous,” Robert Newman, director of WHO’s Global Malaria Programme, told Irin.The number of estimated malaria cases globally in 2009 was 225-million and the vast majority of malaria-related deaths, about 91%, occur in Africa, says WHO.The report sees the strategic scale-up of malaria prevention and control as critical in the highest burden countries: Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Tanzania experienced more than 40% of all malaria-related deaths in Africa.The scale-up between 2008 and 2010, aimed at protecting 578-million people at risk in sub-Saharan Africa, included distributing long-lasting insecticide treated nets (LLINs), indoor residual spraying, universal diagnostic testing of suspected malaria and prompt treatment of confirmed cases with Artemisinin-based combination therapy.Household net ownership has reached more than 50% in 19 African countries, with more children under-five using one (35%) compared with previous years. An improvement from 5% in 2000 to 35% in 2009 in diagnostic testing and indoor residual spraying also protected 75-million people, or 10% of the population at risk in 2009.Eradication successIn 2010, 11 African countries and territories – including South Africa – witnessed a 50% reduction in confirmed malaria cases and deaths over the decade, whereas in 32 out of 56 endemic countries outside Africa the decrease was even higher.Morocco and Turkmenistan were certified by WHO as having eliminated malaria in 2009 and the European Region reported no cases of Plasmodium falciparum – the most dangerous malaria parasite species – malaria for the first time.However, experts say that while considerable progress has been made, coverage of interventions in African countries remains below the international targets for 2010.Recent increases in funding for malaria control reached US$1.8-billion (R12.3-billion) in 2010, resulting in major scale-up of key interventions. WHO says the amounts committed to malaria still fall short of the resources required, estimated at more than $6-billion (R41-billion) for 2010.“The greatest challenge facing Africa in the fight against malaria is maintaining political will and financial commitment. Malaria prevention and control works,” said Newman.“If we can achieve and maintain universal coverage with vector control [LLIN or indoor residual spraying], diagnostic testing for suspected malaria cases, and treatment with Artemisinin-based combination therapies for confirmed cases – then we can not only reach international malaria targets by 2015, but also go a long way towards achieving the health-related Millennium Development Goals,” he said.Download the full WHO World Malaria Report 2010 (PDF, 17MB).
Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Tags:#Product Reviews#web Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting At launch, it has 240 titles, about 40 less that what Time Inc said at a trade show in June, Folio notes. In addition to all Time inc titles, of course, it has titles from Conde Nast (not all), Rodale, and others. Notably missing is any magazine from the Hearst stable, including Esquire, Cosmopolitan and others. Some of the other notables I checked on which are missing are The Atlantic, Business Week, Wired, The Economist, Reader’s Digest, and National Geographic . There’s a whole world of independent magazines beyond the big titles as well, see directory sites like NewPages.com and Mygazines. We’d love to see Maghound include titles from those directories. Is it in Time’s interest to do so? Probably not.We had high hopes for another magazine experiment called Brijit, but that innovative service went belly up in May and is no longer even online.We hope print periodicals aren’t dead, because we really like reading them. If this is the best the industry can do, though, then there’s probably not much hope.We like what Maghound is trying to do, and Time’s distribution largess might help it work, but the service at launch isn’t interesting enough to leave us anything but dissapointed. Time Inc. service offers cool idea, uninspired selection.Time Inc. launched its much anticipated magazine meta-subscription service Maghound today. The idea is that for a small fee, starting at three titles for $4.95 a month, you can swap out magazine subscriptions every month. It’s like Netflix for magazine subscriptions, but unlike Netflix the selection is awful. We like the idea a lot though and we hope it will improve.PaidContent explains the gaps as follows: A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… marshall kirkpatrick Related Posts 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ Parma boss Roberto D’Aversa was “satisfied with the performance against Fiorentina, less so with the result.” The Gialloblu held the home side to a 1-1 draw, but D’Aversa believes they could’ve won had two offside calls not gone against Gervinho. “The performance satisfies me, less so the result. We had to do better, especially with the final pass. Gervinho was called offside two times when he wasn’t,” the coach said in a press conference. The protocol with VAR is to give the benefit of the doubt in tight decisions, but the assistant referee was a little too eager today. D’Aversa revealed that many of his players are not in the best physical condition due to playing three games over the last week amid an injury crisis. “Yann Karamoh stayed on the field despite a sprain, Juraj Kucka and Giuseppe Pezzella gritted their teeth, we are not in optimal condition. We hope to recover players very soon. “We had to suffer in the second half, Fiorentina have excellent technique and important players.” Parma are now 10th in the table, but have only won once in their last five games.
Seven wins in a row speaks a lot about the aptitude of a team playing its first major tournament. If that isn’t enough, the fact that it was the India under-19 team which notched up the feat in the just-concluded quadrangular series featuring Australia, Sri Lanka and West Indies, is definitely more commndable.Speaking to MAIL TODAY, skipper Unmukt Chand said it was a perfect start for the team looking at the u-19 World Cup coming up in August 2012.”The last couple of weeks have been amazing. Starting off with a record breaking win in the opening match against Australia, it was important that we kept the momentum going and that is exactly what we did. Training together for the last two years definitely helped as we know the strengths and weaknesses of each other pretty well,” said Unmukt.”Cricket is a team game, so it was important that everyone contributes and that is exactly what we did. It wasn’t that only a couple of players were performing, it was a cohesive effort. But this is just the start.We need to keep the intensity going and keep the winning form intact as we prepare for the upcoming u-19 World Cup in Australia,” he added.Commenting on his own form, Unmukt said: “It felt good to lead from the front. For me, the onus was always on scoring runs. When I was at the crease, captaincy didn’t bother me as my role was that of an opening batsman. It was only when I was back in the pavilion and on the field that I concentrated on captaincy. I never mixed the two roles.” But Unmukt feels being the second highest scorer definitely helped him lead the side. “I won’t disagree that as a captain it was important to score runs because it rubs off the confidence on the other players as well. Moreover, for a skipper to not score means that it would play on my mind when I took the field. Egging the team on becomes an issue then.advertisement”My scoring runs meant that I earned my place in the squad. It is important that other players in the team don’t feel that I am playing only because I am the captain. I should justify my place in the team at all times and I feel I did that. The captain garners more respect when he contributes to the team’s cause,” he said.Although the team will be disbanding and the players will go back for the domestic season, Unmukt feels it will be important that the team re- groups soon after and plays as many tournaments as possible in the leadup to the World Cup.”Even though we are all heading home to play the domestic season, we shall all come together after that and play in as many tournaments as possible to prepare for Australia.”We have a series lined up in April, but I think we shall play one or two more series before that. It is important not to lose focus and momentum. All the players are confident and we need to build on that,” he signed off.
Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next PH military to look into China’s possible security threat to power grid Bulls top Pistons in Zach Lavine’s return View comments Do we want to be champions or GROs? – Sotto Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan (10) tries to break through defense of Golden State Warriors center Zaza Pachulia (27) and guard Stephen Curry (30) during the first half of an NBA basketball game Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, in Toronto. (Cole Burston/The Canadian Press via AP)TORONTO — Stephen Curry returned from a two-game absence to score 24 points, Klay Thompson had 26 and the Golden State Warriors blew nearly all of a 27-point lead before beating the Toronto Raptors 127-125 on Saturday night.DeMar DeRozan scored 42 points for the Raptors, but the Warriors had just enough to beat Toronto for the eighth straight time.ADVERTISEMENT Green and Thompson each scored 10 points in the first and Golden State led 43-35 after one, their highest-scoring opening quarter of the season.Golden State seized control with a 16-2 run to begin the second quarter and led 81-54 at halftime. It was their biggest half of the season and their first 80-point half away from home since Nov. 2, 1990, at Denver (87 points).TIP-INSWarriors: Golden State made eight of its first nine shots. … The Warriors had one turnover in the first half. They finished with a season-low seven. … F Andre Igoudala played despite suffering a hip injury in Friday’s win at Milwaukee. … F Omri Casspi missed his second straight game because of a sore lower back.Raptors: DeRozan scored 19 points on 14 shots in the first quarter. … Ibaka returned from a one-game suspension for throwing a punch at Miami’s James Johnson in Tuesday loss to the Heat.UP NEXTWarriors: Visit Cleveland on Monday in a rematch of the past three NBA Finals.Raptors: Visit Philadelphia on Monday afternoon. Kevin Durant scored 25 points and Draymond Green had 14 for the Warriors, who have won 12 straight on the road. Golden State’s 19 road wins are the most in the NBA.OG Anunoby had 17 points and Serge Ibaka 14 for the Raptors, who rallied from a 19-point deficit through three quarters to make it a one-point game in the fourth.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingFred VanVleet scored 13 points and Jonas Valanciunas had 12 as Toronto lost for the third time in 18 home games.Curry sat out Wednesday’s home loss to the Clippers and Friday’s win at Milwaukee because of a sore right ankle, the same injury that kept him out of 11 games in December. Raptors guard Kyle Lowry missed his third straight game because of a bruised tailbone.VanVleet’s 3-pointer with 3:52 left made cut it to 116-115, but Curry answered with a 3 for the Warriors.DeRozan’s basket with just over a minute to go made it a one-point game again, and Curry missed a pair of free throws with 45 seconds remaining.But after a missed shot by DeRozan, Durant’s jumper with 21 seconds left gave Golden State a 125-122 lead.A missed 3 by CJ Miles led to a jump ball, then a scramble for a loose ball that went out of bounds next to the Warriors bench. After a video review, Golden State was awarded possession with three seconds left. Curry was fouled and sealed it with a pair of free throws before VanVleet hit a buzzer-beating 3.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ BeautyMNL open its first mall pop-up packed with freebies, discounts, and other exclusives Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ SEA Games: PH still winless in netball after loss to Thais Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims ‘We cannot afford to fail’ as SEA Games host – Duterte LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
The local Disaster Recovery Center located at Western Iowa Tech’s Security Institute in Sioux City will close permanently on Thursday evening at 7pm.The closure does not mean that help for Iowa disaster survivors is going away.Those affected by flooding in March can still register with FEMA or continue to get help with their cases and other general information by calling FEMA’s Helpline at 1-800-621-3362.The Harrison County FEMA Center located at the county fairgrounds in Missouri Valley will also close Thursday evening.
Touch Football Australia (TFA) has undertaken the process of Referee Coach Appointments for the 2016 National Youth Championships â€“ including the Alliance Cup and Harvey Norman Schools Cup.TFA concurrently, have been undertaking a review and update of our Referee Coach pathway and education in alignment with the introduction of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) FTEM framework of athlete development www.ausport.gov.au/ftem TFA have aligned this framework in both our coach, referee and athlete development programs. This specifically commenced with the Foundation Referee Coach Course which was piloted late in October and December 2015, and will continue into the Talent, Elite and Mastery areas in 2016/17.The appointment process included an expression of interest and ranking assessment, followed by a suitability interview. The process highlighted the following findings:Â· The process unearthed new talent to support the direction of renewal in the referee coaching area.Â· Clear and direct organisation communication promoting a unified message in relation to expectations is paramount to the success of the discipline.Â· An improved approach to coaching appointments is required and committed to by the coaching group. This will result in fewer games for coaches to improve quality of feedback, more resources to improve coverage and pathway of the coaching and/or coaching to suit the purpose/goals of the referees.Â· The behaviour and conduct, and expectations of all members of the contingent must be set to reflect that of a national event.Â· To supplement the requirements of referees and assist with self and peer analysis we will look to identify and allocate referee mentors (injured, retired, or international referees) to events.Please view the attached document for allocated roles and further information. Related Files2016_nyc_coach_appointment_annoucment_roles_and_responsibilities_01-pdfRelated LinksNYC Referee Coaching Panel
Koulibaly: I signed deal confident Napoli can win Scudettoby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveKalidou Koulibaly is delighted with his new deal at Napoli.The defender has penned a new five-year contract this week.He said, “I feel very good in Naples, since I arrived they welcomed me very well. “I have felt Neapolitan from the first day I arrived. The Scudetto? It is 3-4 years that we have tried to win it, it is very difficult against Juventus who always does extraordinary championships. We hope that this year will be ours, I hope it will be the right year, but there is also the Europa League and Coppa Italia, if we play united we can go far.”Koulibaly was speaking before last night’s defeat to Inter Milan, where he was sent off amid being the subject of racist chants. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say